SAN FRANCISCO, Kalifornia (PNN) - November 18, 2016 - We have frequently written over the past couple of quarters about the bubbly San Francisco housing market that looks set for another epic reversal as home prices have reached staggering new highs just as employment levels seem to be rolling over. With home prices now implying that only 10-20% of residents can afford the “median” priced home, it's certainly not difficult to understand why demand may be waning.
Road to Depression
NEW YORK (PNN) - September 15, 2016 - Possibly the defining business trend coming out of the financial crisis has been a "startup boom". It seems everyone is building an app or starting his or her own business.
This image, however, may be just an illusion, according to Michelle Meyer, Fascist Police States of Amerika economist at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
NEW YORK (PNN) - September 15, 2016 - Year-over-year growth in retail sales rose just 1.9% (its weakest since March's plunge) and worryingly in historical recession territory. MoM data was disappointing across the entire spectrum with actual contractions versus expectations of gains (Core -0.1% vs +0.3% exp, and Control -0.1% vs +0.4% exp). While clothing and food services saw spending increases, a drop in gasoline spending along with a tumble in retailers down 2.4% MoM and sporting goods weighed the overall index down.
PORTLAND, Oregon (PNN) - September 13, 2016 - Just like during the last economic crisis, homeless encampments are popping up all over the nation as poverty grows at a very alarming rate. According to the Department of Housing and Urban Development, more than half a million people are homeless in Amerika right now, but that figure is increasing by the day; and it isn’t just adults that we are talking about. It has been reported that that the number of homeless children in this country has risen by 60% since the last recession, and Poverty USA says that a total of 1.6 million children slept either in a homeless shelter or in some other form of emergency housing at some point last year. The stock market may have been experiencing a temporary boom for the last couple of years, but for those on the low end of the economic scale things have just continued to deteriorate.
Worse than the Depression.
September 7, 2016 - Barack Obama is the first president on record to not see a single year of 3% GDP growth. The latest quarterly GDP rate was 1.1%.
At 4.9%, the nation’s unemployment rate is half of what it was at the height of the Great Recession. But that number hides a big problem: Millions of men in their prime working years have dropped out of the workforce - meaning they aren’t working or even looking for a job.
NEW YORK, (PNN) - July 30, 2016 - It’s earnings season once again and it looks as if, as a group, corporate Amerika still can’t find the end of its earnings decline since profits peaked over a year ago. What’s more, analysts renowned for their Pollyannish expectations can’t seem to find it, either.
I thought it might be interesting to look at what the stock market has done in the past during earnings recessions comparable to the current one. It’s pretty eye opening. Over the past half-century, we have never seen a decline in earnings of this magnitude without at least a 20% fall in stock prices, a hurdle many use to define a bear market.
NEW YORK (PNN) - June 6, 2016 - Republican frontrunner presidential candidate Donald Trump said he thinks the jobless rate is close to 20% and not the roughly 5% reported by the Amerikan Gestapo Department of Labor division. Anyone who buys the 5% figure is a “dummy,” according to Trump.
More Articles ...
- Today's layoff news!
- Spain's debt now worth more than value of the economy!
- FPSA homeownership falls to nearly its lowest level in history!
- The FPSA government has a $20.4 trillion retirement problem!
- One quarter of Amerikans in their prime working years are unemployed!
- FPSA existing home sales tumble in warning sign for housing market!
- New home sales unexpectedly plunge!
- Swiss politicians slam attempts to eliminate cash!
- FPSA CEOs unleash Depression fears in earnings calls!
- FPSA services economy slumps to weakest in 13 months!
- Wal-Mart is closing hundreds of stores and laying off thousands of employees!
- The worst ever stock market start is just the beginning!
- Brazil slides into the brink with industrial production down 12%!
- Baltic Dry Index careens to fresh record low!
- FPSA banks have 247 trillion dollars of exposure to derivatives!
- Spending was at an all time low for Black Friday this year!
- Puerto Rico debt bomb about to explode!
- Baltic Dry Shipping Index drops to all-time low!
- Latest payroll jobs numbers are false and misleading!
- Markets are back at panic levels!
- Ailing global economy starts to weigh on FPSA job market!
- The truth about unemployment in Amerika!
- Record 94,031,000 Amerikans not in labor force!
- Canada officially enters recession!
- Dow plunges 531 points!